Also please read the General Rules and Regulations.
1. This section is for high school learners and adults.
2. Originality and diversity will be taken into account by the adjudicator.
3. The use of photo copies is a contravention of the Copyright Act. A published copy must therefore be available at all times at the venue where the work is performed.
4. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years.
5. Original songs must be presented. NO medleys.
6. Songs from a Musical or a Gospel Song is not permissible in the English Song category.
7. A song may only be presented once as a solo item or as a duo/trio item. Songs from this section may not be used in any other section of the Pretoria Eisteddfod.
8. Only 1 verse to be presented except for through-composed works.
9. The duration stated, is the maximum time allowed. Candidates exceeding the time limit will be asked to leave the stage. The participant will not be penalized.
10. Candidates must hand in a copy of songs to be sung - including unaccompanied Folk Songs.
11. Transposed works are permissible. The original composition must however be available.
12. Songs must be performed without sheet music.
13. The oldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble items.
14. Adjudicators work at their own pace. Accompanists must therefore allow for possible delays.
15. Any participant at the Pretoria Eisteddfod could be invited to perform at the Prize Winners concerts.
16. NB. NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE AFTER THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN FINALISED.
17. Please indicate the following in the space directly below the item number and description: title, period, duration, instrument e.g. flute or saxophone, type of voice e.g. soprano or tenor.