SPECIAL RULESAlso please read the General Rules
Due to unforeseen circumstances some assessment sessions will have to be scheduled on a Sunday
Please indicate on the entry form if the participant will NOT be available on a Sunday.
1. The duration of performance must be stated on the entry form.
2. Times quoted are maximum times. Candidates who exceed the given duration will be disqualified.
3. Minimum standard for solo items if a candidate wishes to be considered for awards:
u/14 Grade 4
u/15 Grade 5
u/16 Grade 6
u/17 Grade 7
u/18 Grade 8
The abovementioned requirements are not applicable to the exam section.
4. Exam Section (any age): Pieces must be chosen from the prescribed lists of UNISA, Royal Schools or Trinity College valid for the current Eisteddfod year.
5. Solo section: No exam pieces of the current Eisteddfod year (UNISA ABRSM, Trinity).
6. Music for the Quick Study will be sent via email 48 hours before performance.
7. The adjudicator must be provided with a copy of the music and will be destroyed afterwards.
8. The eldest in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
9. At the Description of item on the entry form please also indicate the period of the composition.
10. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
11. A candidate may not present the same work in the same section in two consecutive years.
12. No candidate will be allowed to use the same works alternated between the program section and the solo section for more than 2 consecutive years.
13. A list of works to be performed in the Recital, must be handed in at the table.
14. A novice is a candidate who has never participated in any Eisteddfod/Arts Festival.
15. Please inform the convener well in advance of any cancellations.
16. Choice of dress is optional during adjudication, however school uniform is preferred. Concert dress to be worn at the Prize Winners concert.
17. Candidates must ensure to comply with all requirements at each section.