1. Please indicate the following in the space directly below the item number and description: title, period, duration, etc.
2. Times quoted are maximum times. Candidates who exceed the given duration will be disqualified.
3. Minimum standard for solo items if a candidate wishes to be considered for awards:
u/14 Grade 4
u/15 Grade 5
u/16 Grade 6
u/17 Grade 7
u/18 Grade 8
The abovementioned standards are not applicable in the exam section.
4. Exam Section (any age): Pieces must be chosen from the prescribed lists of UNISA, Royal Schools or Trinity College valid for the current Eisteddfod year.
5. Music for the Quick Study will be sent via email 48 hours before performance.
6. The adjudicator must be provided with a copy of the music.
7. The oldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
8. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
9. All the names of participants in ensemble groups (up to 8 members) must be provided. More than 8 participants must enter as a group.
10. If participants in group items wish to receive individual certificates, all the names must be supplied on the entry form and an additional fee of R25 per certificate must be added to the entry fees.
11. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
12. A candidate may not present the same work in the same section in two consecutive years.
13. No candidate will be allowed to use the same works alternating it between the program section and the solo section for more than 2 consecutive years.
14. A list of works to be performed in the Recital, must be handed in at the table.
15. A novice is a candidate who has never participated in any Eisteddfod/Arts Festival.
16. Please inform the convener in time of any cancellations.
17. Choice of dress is optional for adjudication, however school uniform is preferred. Concert dress to be worn at the Prize Winners concert.