1. Please indicate the following in the space directly below the item number and description: title, period, duration, instrument e.g. flute or saxophone, type of voice e.g. soprano or tenor.
2. Times quoted are maximum times. Candidates who exceed the given duration will be disqualified.
3. Music for the Quick Study will be sent via e-mail 48 hours before performance.
4. Minimum standard for solo items if a candidate wishes to be considered for awards :
0/8 No minimum
0/9 Pre Grade
0/10 Grade 1
0/11 Grade 2
0/12 Grade 3
The abovementioned standards are not applicable in the exam section.
5. Exam Section (any age): Pieces must be chosen from the prescribed lists of UNISA, Royal Schools or Trinity College valid for the current Eisteddfod year.
6. Solo Section: No exam pieces of the current Eisteddfod year.
7. The adjudicator must be provided with a copy of the music.
8. The eldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
9. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
10. All the names of participants in ensemble groups(up to 8 members) must be provided. More than 8 participants must enter as a group.
11. If participants in group items wish to receive individual certificates all the names as well as R25 per certificate must be paid with the entry fees.
12. Under Description of item on the entry form please indicate the period of the composition.
13. The correct duration of each item must be carefully stated on the entry form. The correct duration is essential for the compiling of the program. The duration must be filled into the "Additional Info"-space provided.
14. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
15. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years.
16. A novice is a candidate who has never before participated in any Eisteddfod.
17. Please inform the convener in time of any cancellations.
18. Dress for performers is optional during adjudication. Preferably school uniform. Concert dress to be worn at the Prize Winners concert.