Also please read the General Rules
Due to unforeseen circumstances some assessment sessions will have to be scheduled on a Sunday
Please indicate on the entry form if the participant will NOT be available on a Sunday.
1. The duration of performance must be stated on the entry form. The correct duration is essential for the compiling of the program and must be filled in at the space provided for “Additional info”.
2. Times quoted are maximum times. Candidates who exceed the given duration will be disqualified.
3. Music for the Quick Study will be sent via e-mail 48 hours before the performance.
4. Minimum standard for solo items if a candidate wishes to be considered for an award:
u/8 No minimum
u/9 Pre Grade
u/10 Grade 1
u/11 Grade 2
u/12 Grade 3
The abovementioned requirements are not applicable to the exam section.
5. Exam Section (any age): Pieces must be chosen from the prescribed lists of UNISA, Royal Schools or Trinity College valid for the current Eisteddfod year.
6. Solo Section: No exam pieces of the current Eisteddfod year (UNISA, ABRSM, Trinity).
7. Recital Section: A list of works to be performed must be handed in at the table.
8. The adjudicator must be provided with a copy of the music and it will be destroyed afterwards.
9. The eldest in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
10. At the heading Description of item on the entry form please indicate the style period of the composition.
11. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
12. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years in the same category.
13. A novice is a candidate who has never before participated in any Eisteddfod/Arts Festival.