Please read the General Rules and Regulations.
1. Duration of performance must be stated on the entry form.
2. Times quoted are maximum times. Candidates who exceed the given duration will be disqualified
3. Music for the Quick Study will be available at the hall 48 hours before performance. This music is the property of the Pretoria Eisteddfod and must be returned in the same condition in which it was received.
4. Minimum standard for solo items if a candidate wishes to be considered for awards :
0/8 No minimum
0/9 Pre Grade
0/10 Grade 1
0/11 Grade 2
0/12 Grade 3
The abovementioned standards are not applicable in the exam section.
5. Exam Section(any age): Pieces must be chosen from the prescribed lists of UNISA, Royal Schools or Trinity College valid for the current Eisteddfod year.
6. Solo Section: No exam pieces valid for the current Eisteddfod year.
7. The adjudicator must be provided with a copy of the music.
8. The eldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
9. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
10. All the names of participants in ensemble groups(up to 8 members) must be provided. More than 8 participants must enter as a group.
11. If participants in group items wish to receive individual certificates all the names as well as R15 per certificate must accompany the entry form.
12. Under Description of item on the entry form please indicate the period of the composition.
13. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
14. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years.
15. A novice is a candidate who has never before participated in any Eisteddfod.
16. Please inform the convener in time of any cancellations.
17. Dress for performers is optional during adjudication. Preferably school uniform. Concert dress to be worn at the Prize Winners concert.
18. Entry fees:
- Sessions: R5
- Concert: Adults R10