Also please read the General Rules
1. Candidates Gr 1 – 3 enter in VJ section (Junior Vocal)
Candidates Gr 4 – 7 enter for 3 items maximum.
Candidates Gr 8 – Gr 12 enter for 4 items maximum
2. Times as indicated are the maximum times. The adjudicator may ask candidates who exceed the prescribed time by more than 30 seconds to leave the stage. However,
candidates will not be penalized.
3. Candidates must use the sound system provided at the venue. Please inform the convenor well in advance when using additional instruments or if you plan to make use of a keyboard/piano.
4. Backtracks must be on CD. If for some reason the CD does not work, backtracks must also be available on a USB flash drive.
5. The repertoire must be suitable for the candidate’s age.
6. Imitation is sternly rejected.
7. Pre-recorded voices, enhancing the melody line of the voice, are not allowed.
8. It is not necessary to provide sheet music.
9. A candidate may only enter in one age group or grade per section, solo as well as ensemble sections.
10. The highest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items. Use the Ensemble entry form for Duos, Trios and Ensembles.
11. Candidates must comply with all requirements in all sections.
12. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category.
13. A candidate may not present the same work in two consecutive years.
14. An affiliate is restricted to five participants per grade in all sections.
15. Choice of dress during adjudication is optional. At the Prize Winners concert, dress is smart.