1. Candidates Gr 1 - 3 enter in the Junior Vocal (VJ) section (with piano/keyboard accompaniment - no backtracks)
Candidates Gr 4 - 7 enter for 3 items maximum.
Candidates Gr 8 - 12 enter for 4 items maximum.
2. Times as indicated are the maximum performance times. The adjudicator may ask candidates who exceed the prescribed time by more than 30 seconds to leave the stage. However, candidates will not be penalized.
3. Candidates must use the sound system provided at the venue. Please inform the convenor well in time when using additional instruments.
4. Backtracks must be on CD. If foe some reason the CD does not worl, backtracks must also be available on a USB flash drive.
5. The repertoire must be suitable for the candidate's age..
6. Imitation is sternly rejected.
7. Pre-recorded voices, enhancing the melody line of the voice, are not allowed.
8. It is not necessary to provide sheet music.
9. A candidate may only enter in one age group or grade per section, solo as well as ensemble sections. Grade 1 - 3 candidates are not allowed to participate in a higher grade.
10. The highest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items. Use the ensemble entry form for all Duos, Trios and Ensembles
11. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
12. All the names of participants in ensemble groups (up to 12 members) must be provided. More than 12 participants must enter as a revue group.
13. If participants in group items (more than 12 members) wish to receive individual certificates all the names must be supplied on the entry form ans an additional fee of R25 per certificate must be added to the entry fees.
14. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section or in any other section of the Pretoria Eisteddfod.
15. A candidate may not present the same work in two consecutive years.
16. An affiliate is restricted to 5 participants per item in all sections.
17. Choice of dress is optional during adjudication. At the Prize Winners concert dress is smart.