1. The maximum duration of all items is as indicated. Participants exceeding the set duration, will be disqualified. Please indicate the choice of instrument (e.g. piano, keyboard, wind instrument, percussion, etc) clealy on the entry form.
2. Maximum duration for solo items: Junior: 3 minutes Senior : 4 minutes
3. Maximum duration for recitals: Junior : 3 minutes Senior: 10 minutes
4. The eldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
5. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
6. All the names of participants in ensemble groups (up to 8 members) must be provided. More than 8 participants must enter as a group.
7. If participants in group items wish to receive individual certificates all the names must be supplied on the entry form and an additional fee of R25 per certificate must be paid with the entry fee.
8. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
9. A candidate may not present the same work in two consecutive years.
10. A novice is a candidate who has never before participated in any Eisteddfod.
11. Own choice section: Waltzes and Polkas from the Strauss era may be entered in this section. Any other classical work must be entered in the Classical section.