BEFORE ENTERING PLEASE READ THE RULES CAREFULLY. PLEASE ENSURE THAT PARTICIPANTS AND THEIR PARENTS TAKE NOTE OF THESE RULES.
COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES ARE ESSENTIAL FOR THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF THE EISTEDDFOD.
Also please read the General Rules
Please note: Due to the Covid restrictions online assessments are preferred (video recording to be submitted). Unfortunately no prize-giving ceremony will be possible in 2021.
2. GROUPS must consist of 5 or more competitors, failing which, the group will be disqualified (except for the Group Creative Poetry Writing and Presentation section).
If members of a group wish to receive individual certificates, all the names must be supplied on the entry form. The entry fee includes 4 certificates. For more than 4
certificates an additional fee of R30 per certificate is payable.
3. All sections are combined for boys and girls.
4. Certificates are awarded according to symbols - see General Rules.
5. The eldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
6. All the names of participants in ensemble groups must be provided.
7. If participants in group items wish to receive individual certificates all the names must be supplied on the entry form.
8. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
9. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
10. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years.
11. A candidate may not enter the same piece they have previously won a trophy for.
12. A candidate is only allowed to enter either for a DUO, TRIO or QUARTET, but not all these items.
13. Please ensure that language used, is appropriate for an Eisteddfod forum.