NB! BEFORE ENTERING PLEASE READ THE GENERAL RULES CAREFULLY. PLEASE ENSURE THAT PARTICIPANTS
AND THEIR PARENTS TAKE NOTE OF THESE RULES.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES ARE ESSENTIAL FOR THE SMOOTH RUNNING OF THE EISTEDDFOD.
ENGLISH DRAMA SPECIAL RULES
1. To be eligible for a bursary or trophy a competitor must enter the following:
- Three prepared solo items - one of which must be a monologue.
- Two improvised solo items - one of which must be a solo acting exercise or solo mime.
- Two combined items (duo or trio) - one of which must be unprepared.
2. If a candidate enters for more than the required items for a bursary, the items with the highest marks will be taken into account.
3. If a candidate takes part out of section that piece will not be considered for any award.
4. Non-English section please note: Only 5 entries per item per school will be allowed. Only 8 entries per item per studio will be allowed.
5. GROUPS must consist of 5 or more competitors, failing which, the group will be disqualified (except for the Group Creative Poetry Writing and Presentation section).
6. Tables and chairs will be available. Teachers to supply their own rostrums and other props.
7. All sections are combined for boys and girls.
8. Competitors' dress for mime and acting exercises shall be:
Girls: black leotards and black tights.
Boys: black shirts & short trousers or a black T-shirt & black tracksuit pants.
9. Certificates are awarded according to symbols - see General Rules.
10. The eldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
11. All the names of participants in ensemble groups must be provided.
12. If participants in group items wish to receive individual certificates all the names as well as R25 per certificate must accompany the entry form.
13. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
14. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
15. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years.
16. A candidate may not enter the same piece they have previously won a trophy for.
17. A candidate is only allowed to enter either for a DUO, TRIO or QUARTET, but not all these items.
18. Please ensure that language used, is appropriate for an Eisteddfod forum.