This section is held during the second session (August)
Also please read the General Rules and Regulations.
1. The duration of the performance must be stated on the entry form.
2. All items are own choice.
3. Recital programs must include at least 3 pieces of contrasting style.
4. Guitars must be tuned to A – 440Hz before the section commences.
5. Candidates must provide their own music stand and foot rest.
6. Music scores must be handed in at the table for use by the adjudicator.
7. The title, the composer, the arranger and publisher of the work must appear on the music score.
8. The eldest age in the group will be definitive in all ensemble-items.
9. Candidates must comply with all requirements.
10. Under Description of item on the entry form please indicate the style period of the composition.
11. A candidate may not present the same work in more than one category of the same section.
12. A candidate may not present the same work in 2 consecutive years.
13. A novice is a candidate who has never participated in any Eisteddfod/Arts Festival.
14. The minimum requirement for the presentation of trophies, medals or other awards, is an A+ symbol.
15. Where the candidate is not able to tune his/her own guitar, it is the responsibility of the teacher to ensure that it is done properly before the candidate takes part.