1. Each participating choir must nominate a "contact person" to:
- Come to the table to decide on the room where the choir may warm up
- Hand in, to the convenor, the completed slip and the program, bound in a file in the correct order
- Sit behind the convenor during the session to summon the choir when asked to do so.
2. All contact persons MUST report to the table at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time, otherwise they forfeit their right to perform.
3. Choirmasters must take responsibility for the room in which the choir warms up. It must be left as it was found. Primary as well as High School choirs must be
supervised at all times while occupying the room.
4. Please keep to the time stated on the entry form.
5. Candidates and/or accompanists who arrive more than 5 minutes late forfeit the right to perform.
1. Choirs can enter for more than one category provided there is no overlapping of repertoire.
2. To qualify as Overall Winner in the High School section a choir MUST:
- Take part in category B and C. The choir with the highest aggregate in category B and C will receive this award. Minimum A+.
3. A choir must consist of at least 20 members. There is no maximum.
4. A traditional folk song is a song in any of the 11 official languages of SA and must be authentic.
Folk music from any other country must be sung in the original language.
5. An inexperienced choir is regarded as a choir of which the conductor and the choir members have been working together for less than 3 years.
The choice of a specific category rests with the conductor. To encourage a fair system we strongly recommend that the winner of this category the previous year should enter the more experienced category the following year.
It is however up to the discretion of the conductor.
6. Non-competitive section: This section is for non-competitive choirs. The participants will receive a report and a certificate.
7. The duration of a program may not exceed the set time limit..
8. Originality and diversity will be taken into account in the adjudication.