Also please read the General Rules.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the impact of Covid on the functioning of choirs, this section has unfortunately been cancelled for 2021.
1. The Overall Winner award goes to the choir with the highest aggregate in category B. An A+ minimum is required.
2. A choir must consist of at least 20 members. There is no maximum.
3. A traditional folk song is a song in any of the 11 official languages of SA and must be authentic.
4. Folk music from any other country must be sung in the original language.
5. A beginner choir is regarded as a choir of which the conductor and the choir members have been working together for less than 2 years. However, in order to promote the fairness of the system, it is strongly recommended that a beginner choir who won this category the previous year and still have the same conductor, participate in the less -experienced category.
6. A less experienced choir is considered a choir that has been working with their conductor for several years, but still cannot master the more difficult choral works of an experienced choir. However, in order to promote the fairness of the system, it is strongly recommended that a less experienced choir who won this category the previous year and still have the same conductor, participate in the more experienced category.
7. In the Non-competitive section, the participating choirs will only receive a report and a certificate with the symbol awarded. These choirs will not qualify for trophies and other awards.
8. Originality and diversity will be taken into account during the adjudication.